UC Planning For Ignite 2018
The session catalog was recently released for Microsoft Ignite 2018 and there’s no shortage of UC and/or WCS (workstream collaboration) related sessions to attend. At our most recent search through the catalog, there were 55 sessions for Microsoft Teams! Unless you’re bringing a small army to conquer Ignite, you might be questioning which tracks to attend.
After working carefully through the session catalog, it’s clear that the theme around Microsoft Teams is how to facilitate a successful deployment. After consulting our resident Unify Square UC and WCS experts, we’ve created a targeted “navigation” map of sorts for you to maximize your ROI at the various Teams gatherings in Orlando. Below we’ve broken up the top sessions into several categories to help highlight the best of Ignite 2018 for those looking to get a grasp on UC/WSC as you steer your way toward Microsoft Teams.
Making the Move to Microsoft Teams
If you’re evaluating how to get started with Microsoft Teams, or whether or not Microsoft Teams is a good fit for your organization, check out these four sessions happening at Ignite:
- The Time for Teams: Scenarios to Realize the Value of Microsoft Teams
- Learn How Microsoft Does IT: The Journey from Skype for Business to Teams
- Planning a Seamless Migration from Skype for Business to Teams for IT Admins
- How to Manage Microsoft Teams Effectively
Successfully Driving User Adoption with Microsoft Teams
So you’ve decided Microsoft Teams is right for you, but how do you get the rest of your organization on board? Here are three sessions that tackle just how to get your entire team excited and correctly enabled to use Microsoft Teams:.
- Driving Teams Adoption: Enabling the Modern Workplace
- Using Bots to Aid in the Adoption of Microsoft Teams
- Driving Employee Engagement with Teams Live Events
Key Features of Microsoft Teams
You can do a lot with Teams – in fact, it’s being pushed as the hub for Office 365. Here are some unique features of Teams to help get the most out of Microsoft’s “Slack Killer:”
- Collaborative Calling and Business Voice in Microsoft Teams
- Deep Dive on Office 365 Direct Routing
- Connecting Microsoft Teams to Third-Party Meeting Room Devices with Cloud Video Interop
- Intelligent Meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Understanding Media Flows in Microsoft Teams
Unify Square has recently spent a lot of time discussing the concerns that many of our customers have about governance and compliance related to Teams. While this topic is front and center for our Fortune 500 clients, Microsoft Ignite 5hasn’t devoted too many Teams-focused sessions on this subject. Two sessions did catch our eye though:
- End to End Data Governance and Compliance in Microsoft Teams
- How to Manage Secure, Custom Applications in Microsoft Teams
Deploying Teams can be tricky, and once you’ve rolled out Teams to your organization, there remains the possibility of some bumps in the road. Here are some nifty sessions to help you tackle any misfires.
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Teams
- How to Choose, Deploy and Manage the Right Teams Devices
- Understanding Calling Usage and Diagnosing Call Failures in Microsoft Teams
And, if you’re already well versed in Teams but still headed to Ignite 2018, be sure to stay up to date with the two tracks covering updates to Microsoft Teams.
Skype for Business?
So where are all the Skype for Business sessions at Microsoft Ignite? Well, we only found one lone session with Skype for Business in the title: Everything you Need to Know about Skype for Business Server (Spoiler alert, you can check out our take on the Skype for Business 2019 Server here). If it wasn’t clear before, Microsoft is leaving little to question with so many Teams-centric sessions that Microsoft is continuing to put its weight behind Microsoft Teams.
If you’re headed over to Ignite 2018 and would like to meet with us to schedule a demo, or to just say “Hi,” please contact us. If you’re feeling behind on the Teams bandwagon, you can learn more on how to prepare for Microsoft Teams with Unify Square here.