The Hub for Teamwork and Collaboration with Microsoft Teams
The most successful organizations find a way to make sure that their employees are engaged. As technology advances and demographics shift, the method of getting employees engaged needs to reflect this transformation and catch-up to the way that communication happens in their daily lives. This can be achieved by using the hub for Teamwork in Office 365.
With social media, instant messaging and other online platforms, users are constantly plugged in and collaborating with other people. The workplace has begun to mirror this switch in routine and philosophy with the introduction of new platforms that allow for team-based collaboration, resulting in more engagement in the workplace.
One of the tools that is helping to facilitate this shift in mentality is Microsoft Teams. Teams is designed to act as a hub for teamwork in Office 365, allowing for collaboration with on-site & remote employees as well as clients.
Below we take a look at the importance of driving employee engagement through teamwork and collaboration, and how the hub for teamwork in Microsoft Teams can help facilitate that:
Have you already begun coordinating Microsoft Teamwork or plan on doing so? Make sure to check out Unify Square’s Microsoft Teams Cloud Managed Services trial offering today!
Today’s workplace runs on teamwork.
With the right tools, teams are more productive, more profitable, and more engaged.
Are employees engaged in their jobs?
- One-third of U.S. employees say they are fully engaged in their work
- More than half of all U.S. employees report that they are NOT fully engaged in their work
Engaged Employees Produce Better Business Outcomes
- 17% higher productivity
- 20% higher sales
- 21% higher profitability
84% of Employees Work on Multiple Teams
- 49% Slightly Matrixed (sometimes work on multiple teams)
- 18% Manager Matrixed (work on multiple teams every day with most people reporting to the same manager)
- 17% High Matrixed (work on multiple teams every day with different people reporting to different managers)
Highly matrixed team members collaborate more effectively, are more engaged, and are more committed to quality. More than one-third of employees who work on teams reporting to different managers on a daily basis strongly agree that being on different teams helps them collaborate more effectively with coworkers. Employees who work on teams reporting to different managers on a daily basis experience a 22% lift in engagement over employees who do not work on different teams. In addition, employees who work on teams reporting to different managers on a daily basis are 40% more likely to strongly agree that their coworkers are committed to quality.
The Benefits of Teamwork for the Organization & Employees
Teamwork benefits the organization and employees alike. Teams add flexibility within the organization, help companies react more quickly and improve speed to market, and help employees build strong relationships and boost morale. In turn, employees are more proficient, productive, creative, and collaborative with teamwork.
The Modern Workplace
- 80% of employee time is spent collaborating with others
- 43% of American workers work remotely at least some of the time
- 2x more teams compared to five years ago
The Costs of Ineffective Collaboration
- Less Agile: Takes longer to make and execute decisions, go to market, and respond to customers
- Lower Quality: Worse decisions due to incomplete data and and fewer viewpoints
- Reduced Innovation: Lack of information sharing means discoveries aren’t leveraged in other areas
Research Reveals That Employees Engaged in Collaboration Report:
- Higher engagement
- Less fatigue
- More success
“Research shows that simply feeling like they’re part of a team of people working on a task makes people more motivated as they take on challenges.”
The Growing Standard for Collaboration
- 125k organizations using Microsoft Teams
- 50% increase in collaborative work
- 181 available markets for Microsoft Teams
The Hub for Teamwork in Office 365
- Integrated Office 365 apps. Manage all your conversations, files, and tools in one team workspace.
- Customizable and extensible. Tailor your Teams workspace and build custom integrations to your existing business processes.
- Enterprise security and compliance. Enjoy the enterprise-level security, compliance, and management features you expect from Office 365.
- Chats, calls, and meetings. Communicate in the moment and keep everyone in the know. Chat in public or private groups or one-on-one.