Office 365 was first introduced to the public on June 28, 2011. Microsoft integrated all of its existing online applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Sway, and Access) into a cloud service, adding Exchange Server, SharePoint and Lync. A few years later, as the Lync name changed to Skype for Business, Microsoft also enhanced its level of cloud-based unified collaboration functionality in Office 365, and then also added in the Microsoft Teams application, to provide users with more comprehensive and cutting-edge collaboration, conferencing, voice and application sharing communications technology.
Enterprise organizations are finding Office 365 collaboration to be an increasingly popular software suite, due to its ability to drive productivity, ROI and corporate success. If your business has not yet piloted Office 365, here are 6 of the best reasons why you should look to incorporate it into your software and IT strategy going forward:
1. Easy to Learn and Integrate: Users don’t have to learn new software or install complicated systems. It only takes a few minutes to create a trial account that organizations can test and see just how easy it is to integrate into “the cloud”.
2. Communicate and Collaborate anytime, anywhere: Office 365 provides web-enabled access to email, documents, contacts and calendars on all device types and browser platforms. This ubiquitous access easily enables your business to achieve unified collaboration between all employees.
3. Flexibility: Office 365 offers different SKUs and deployment options to allow organizations to purchase only the Office solutions and services that employees need. This lowers costs while effectively adding value to enterprise businesses.
4. Security: The choice of Office 365 brings with it a complete global set of Microsoft data centers to safeguard all your data 24×7. Office 365 includes tools to scan all and documents for spam and malware. Further, the platform provides for multiple trusted password and access controls to ensure that only those with access can view specific files.
5. Professional: With state-of-the-art unified collaboration, messaging, and productivity services, both partners and customers will know that you are serious about your business. Office 365 provides tools which help create and maintain a professional presence in the enterprise world.
6. Skype for Business Online: Skype for Business allows employees to engage in rich application-sharing discussions with co-workers. In order to ensure that all of your unified communications systems remain highly available and approachable for end users, the experts at Unify Square will fully manage and support the full SfB system, so you don’t have to. We offer a complete set of SfB performance and operations software and cloud managed services (PowerSuite), and UC Consulting services which deliver an optimal SfB environment.