The Secret to Unified Communications Success
The cost of hiring, training, and retaining a full-time Skype for Business and Teams staff can overwhelm your Unified Communications (UC) budget and derail your overall IT personnel allocation strategy. Yet a focused and experienced UC operations and support team is what it takes to effectively manage the multi-faceted ecosystem. If you’re like most enterprises, you simply don’t have the bandwidth and in-house expertise to manage a large-scale Microsoft UC deployment. Learn how the secret to Unified Communications success, within your budget could be a UC Cloud Managed Service.
Key Discussion Topics:
- Does Microsoft Teams really lend itself well to a managed services model?
- How much IT productivity and savings can really be expected using a managed services model for Skype for Business?
- Isn’t the majority of the heavy lifting involved with getting SfB to work right really only wrapped up in the up-front architecting and deployment — thus is UC managed services really worth it?
- What sort of SLA’s should an enterprise expect/demand when it comes to a SfB managed service?
- Given the complexities of SfB and Teams, can a remote cloud managed services model (vs an on-site co-location model) for UC managed services really work?